Monday, May 23, 2011

Is Bey running it or what?



A pic from "Run the World (Girls)"

I was super excited when I heard that Beyonce was coming out of her hiding place after her two year hiatus from music. I've been seeing pics of her all over the net perusing in different countries and such. It's nice to her voice on the radio for a change. I must admit that I was initially  a little disappointed at my first listen to  her first single off her new album, "4". "Run the World (Girls)" seems to be a bit all over the place. I also can't help but think that this song should've been sang by Willow Smith and I knew I was on to something when my fav Youtubers "The Skorpion Show with Kevin and Makael" agreed to my thoughts as well. Bey definitely isn't a "girl", plus we already know that she runs the world--well at least music.  Plus, there are too many elements for an ADD self-diagnosed chick like me. Her octaves weren't cohesive and the transitions had me lost.

Nonethless, I absolutely love Beyonce and her video to the song! If you missed Ms. B's video to her single "Diva" from the "I am...Sasha Fierce", watch it. It's the prelude to this for sure. The scene of her torching the car after she takes a puff from a cigar (not advocating smoking at all) is marked embedded in my memory. "Diva" was a statement, but "Run the World" is the movement.  Might I add that I love the Alexander McQueen and Givenchy threads from the vid.

question: Do you like the video, the song, or both. Where are the Beystans?... Click the link to watch the movement.


*** I started this post before I seen Ms. Bey's Billboard Music Awards performance on Sunday, May 22, 2011. She nailed it! I'm still not sold on "Run the World", but I will continue supporting my favorite singer of today. Better believe I will be front in center to buy "4" on  June 28th!




No comments:

Post a Comment