Monday, August 15, 2011

Demi's "skyscraping" back on top

photo courtesy of demilovato.org
Demi Lovato makes standing like a skyscraper look absolutely beautiful in her new video to her first single off her her third album "Skyscraper" which happens to be the name of the first hit. I didn't hear this sound until a few days ago. I've played it every morning since. Her voice gives me chills. What made the video so beautiful is that it was so simple and effortless. She looked just breathtaking performing in an open desert in a simple white, flowy gown I could tell that she put her heart to every lyric. With what she has been going through since last year has proved that she is proved her strength as well as her weakness.

Toward the end of 2010, Demi abruptly left a tour with the Jonas Brother because of physical and emotional issues and checked into rehab for a three-month long treatment. She's had a history with bulimia and cutting since before her Disney days. There was only time keeping this dark secret from the light. To be ridiculed and a prisoner and your own body is tough for anyone to go through. Hollywood will have you thinking that the life of a "glamorous" celebrity is just that, but it's easy to look in  from the outside. With self-destructing continuously being the demise of young Hollywood, such as the death of soul songstress, Amy Winehouse last month, I'm glad Demi's back stronger than ever. Go cop Demi's "Skycraper" on September 20!

Watch Demi's new vid and get the same inspiration I got.


"You can take everything I have.You can break everything I am...Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground."
--Skyscraper

No comments:

Post a Comment